Sometimes it’s good to straddle the fence because from there you can see both sides of the story to try and find unity.
The Reckless Pursuit has come under fire on more than one occasion for not choosing sides. We make it our goal to attempt and see different angles of each story. Our desire is for unity and we believe that the only way to achieve that is to understand the heart behind each person beyond their thoughts and indoctrinations.
This week, we are talking about the dangers of collectivism and giving our reason for why it is actually good to straddle the fence. Now sure, there are times you have to take action. One cannot live in the middle all the time, but if more people put forth the effort to understand someone else’s heart desire, we truly believe unity would be closer to our grasp.
This week we talked about:
- Like-Minded vs Like-Hearted
- Remaining centered despite the circumstances
- Confirmation Bias
- Racism and Seeing differences as threats
- Damage caused by group judgment
- Seeing the God in each person
- Digging past thoughts to find the heart behind each person
- People speaking from a place of hurt
- The difference in having a thought vs having an identity
- Overcoming shame with growth
- There are no bad people, just people who are more hurt than others.
- Seeing the heart in someone’s message
Listen to 30 Thoughts Till Dawn, a new, instrumental album created by Cody: http://brailleatlas.com/30thoughts
If you are a woman looking to find your God-given purpose and let it loose, Elaine has a podcast for you. visit The Prodigal Daughter
NOMADS is a safe community to ask unsafe questions about faith, life, and religion. We all desire community. We all want to feel welcomed despite our doubts. In NOMADS all of your questions and doubts are welcome. We want to join you in your spiritual travels because after all, God is found in our journey, not in our destination. Click the photo below and ask to be a part!
Hey listener! If you don’t mind, hop over to iTunes real quick and take a moment to rate/review our show! It won’t take but a moment and it helps us out a ton! CLICK HERE!