Two years ago on this day, Cody and Elaine exchanged their vows and joined together as one. Fast forward to this week: they want to share five things they have learned in their first two years of marriage and be real and honest about some of the little things that come along with it. When two people come together, they bring their entire life baggage with them. Some of us have tried hard to unpack a lot of this beforehand but inevitably things will surface. A strong marriage handles every obstacle together, not suppressing anything but sharing each other's burdens.
1. After God, your marriage is your number one priority.
2. Always cross-check your expectations.
3. Take time for your mental health both apart and together.
4. Use discretion with other people’s opinions.
5. Don’t let comfort dictate you (com)passion.
Anniversary: /ˌanəˈvərs(ə)rē/ - the date on which an event took place in a previous year.
Corgis Arguing Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GboBmTdNr3Q